Preschool Head Teacher
Green Angels International Pvt Ltd·Kandy, Sri Lanka
45000 LKR per month
This would be your gross salary for this job opportunity.
These are the backgrounds this opportunity is associated with.
These are the locally spoken languages that you’ll have to know.
About Green Angels International Pvt Ltd
Green Angels International School (GAIS) is locally and internationally recognized school for over 10 years of excellency. GAIS shows a rapid progression within a shortterm period, it has four branches in Gampola, Gelioya, Katugasthota and Kandy. GAIS is nurturing a large number of children from pre-school to advanced level and higher education. GAIS is having work experiences with nationally and internationally reputed organizations and it has very friendly working environment and staff. Our staff comprises of high-quality professional teachers who are well-versed in the area of study from our teacher training institute. Opportunities are available for the upcoming teachers as well. The board of management of GAIS goes hand in hand with the intention of serving the school in developing each child's full potential. The Green Angels International School prepares students who are leaders in compassion, confidence, courage and do respect one another. With academic knowledge we foster children to develop life skills, leadership, self-discipline, responsibility and independence.
About the job and it’s activities
Monday to Thursday, - 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Friday, - 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday, - 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Greets each child in a warm and friendly manner.
- Read each individual childs files in his/her class and is knowledgeable about their medical and developmental histories.
- Interacts with the children and encourages their involvement in activities.
- Provides a warm, safe, and caring environment that is kept orderly, clean, and appealing.
- The environment should allow the child to grow and explore.
- Plans, prepares, and implements daily activities (indoor/outdoor) as they relate to the curriculum.
- Responsible for the health, welfare, and safety of the children.
- Provides overall supervision of toileting and bathroom time.
- Oversees all mealtime/snack time activities and related record keeping.
- Maintains daily attendance records.
- Maintains ongoing developmental records for each child, including keeping records of all developing skills (physical, social, emotional, and cognitive).
- Keeps a portfolio of each childs progress, including photographs, samples of their artwork, writing, etc...
- Maintains good communication with parents on a daily basis through the use of daily sheets, notes, or verbal.
- Supervises, trains and utilizes assistant teachers skills and abilities.
- Works with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
- Ensures confidentiality of privileged information.
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures, including safety
The steps involved in being recruited for this job.
- 2AIESEC interview
- 3Company interview
What you’ll be provided with during your stay
Benefits of becoming a volunteer
Get certified as a Global Volunteer
Develop a set of leadership qualities through our Leadership Development Assessments
Get personal & professional training by the local office abroad
Impact the world for the better by contributing towards the Sustainable Development Goals