Guest Relations Intern
Back of Beyond·Colombo, Sri Lanka
60000 LKR per month
This would be your gross salary for this job opportunity.
Tourism & hotel management, Languages
These are the backgrounds this opportunity is associated with.
These are the locally spoken languages that you’ll have to know.
About Back of Beyond
Exploring little-known places hidden in the back of beyond on our beautiful island has been a way of life for us since childhood. We opened our first Back of Beyond lodge in 2008 and today, we share with our guests six handpicked organic living spaces in Sigiriya, Anuradhapura, Tangalle, Yala and Negombo. Our different retreats are in outstanding secluded natural locations close to jungles, streams, reservoirs, beaches and lagoons - ideally with some evidence of our ancient history. We like to share what we enjoy with our guests - trekking, cycling, swimming, yoga, wildlife, bird watching, nature trails, farming, exploring ancient sites, photography…and of course, just being!
About the job and it’s activities
Monday to Friday, - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Ensuring guest rooms / public areas are ready for arrival and adjusting any shortcomings
- Welcoming guests and giving them an orientation to the property / Back of Beyond concept
- Gathering guest details atcheck-inn (ensure e-maill address is legible)
- Promoting our activities to guests
- Taking guests on boat rides, hikes, cycle rides on nature trails to archeological sites around the property and educating them on local fauna/flora and history (after proper training)
- Liaising with other team members to ensure guest satisfaction
- Communicating with guests at meal times and providing feedback to other staff on guests's requirements
- Promoting other Back of Beyond locations, our restaurant and Ayurveda center to guests
- Ensuring guests give good reviews on Trip Advisor and other booking engines
- Assisting with billing at guest checkout
- Providing input to management on areas to be improved
- Social media updates on Instagram and Facebook
- Other duties as and when required
The steps involved in being recruited for this job.
- 1CV Screening
- 2AIESEC interview
- 3Company Interview
What you’ll be provided with during your stay
Benefits of becoming a volunteer
Get certified as a Global Volunteer
Develop a set of leadership qualities through our Leadership Development Assessments
Get personal & professional training by the local office abroad
Impact the world for the better by contributing towards the Sustainable Development Goals