INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you visit our Sites, fill out a form, send us an email, sign up to receive email, request information, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, register on our Sites, create an account, participate in a contest or promotion, donate or purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us or use the services, features or resources we make available on our Sites.
The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, social media handles, birth date, postal or mailing address, phone number, mobile number, location, demographic information such education and gender, and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide. We collect information only if you voluntarily submit such information.
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with us and other through our Sites. We also collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities. By this, we also collect the Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number and password.
If you use our Services for purchases or financial transactions (like when you buy something, or make a donation), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, shipping and contact details.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU USE THE SITES
When you access or use our Sites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Sites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Sites.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Sites, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of our Sites are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Sites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Sites. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site. We may also use such information for list matching purposes.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Register you with an account
- Provide, improve and develop our Services, personalize content, and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in our Services
- To send periodic emails We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- Provide, maintain and improve our Sites and send you confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the information or products you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests, provide customer service, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Sites;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- Help connect you with others and to solicit donations and support AIESEC and for issues and organizations that we support;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities about our Sites;
- Personalize and improve the Sites and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests or that are based on the information you provide or the actions you take;
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With organizations, groups or causes that we believe have similar viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations, business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders; This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the EEA where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off of our Services. Information we receive about you, including financial transaction data related to purchases or donations made, may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of AIESEC, its employees, volunteers or others;
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Sites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
- If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES INTEGRATIONS ON OR USING OUR SERVICES.
We also work with third party companies who help us provide and improve our Services. We transfer information to vendors, service providers, and other partners who globally support our business, such as providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Services are used, measuring the effectiveness of ads and services, providing customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting academic research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this Data Policy and the agreements we enter into with them.
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
You may find advertising or other content on our Sites that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site.
In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EEA
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), we are required to tell you if we transfer or intend to transfer information which we hold on you to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We currently transfer such information outside the EEA in the following circumstances: (a) where you use third party services and websites like the “One for All Pledge”, (b) where you have registered or subscribed to the Services, to members of our group operating in countries outside the EEA to enable them to inform you of changes or enhancements to the Site or the products or services which we offer; and (c) to our servers which are currently located in the USA but which may in the future be located in another country outside the EEA. Because our servers are located in the USA, transfer of all our data outside the EEA is necessary to enable us to operate the Site. If you provide us personal information via the Site, you are deemed to have consented to the transfer and storage of your personal data and information outside the EEA as set out herein. If you do not wish any of your personal data or information to be stored or transferred outside the EEA, you may withdraw your consent to this at any time by notifying us at the e-mail address specified in Clause 7 of this Policy. However, because our servers are located outside the EEA, if you withdraw your consent, we will no longer be able to keep your data or provide you with the full range of the Services.
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing about social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
AIESEC takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- To enable certain functions of the Service
- To provide analytics
- To store your preferences We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
- Preferences cookies. We may use preferences cookies to remember information that changes the way the Service behaves or looks, such as the “remember me” functionality of a registered user or a user’s language preference.
- Analytics cookies. We may use analytics cookies to track information how the Service is used so that we can make improvements. We may also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Service to see how our users react to them.
- Third-party cookies In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websitesstored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages. Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This page was last updated on April 21, 2017